Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back to it...

Ok.  So last week and part of this week has been tough.  Last week, work was hard and it kinda kicked me down and around a bit.  Got discouraged and my will did not hold up well.  

This week due to having jury duty I weighed in Monday night instead of Tuesday in the morning.  I know that this is a flimsy excuse but due to the rough week and due to the changed weigh in time I GAINED 1.8 lbs.  I was extremely saddened and upset with myself.  I have a goal and I need to find a healthy way to deal with stress.  Food can't be my crutch.  A sweet treat is ok, but eating it to console your emotions is not a good way to deal with things. 

Now given I am technically still down from when I started but is that good enough?  Not to me.  This week has not started well either but I am going to improve it.  Court is Monday through Thursday and though I can guarantee that I will not be working out those days I can at the very least guarantee Friday and Saturday during this period. My Sundays are always out due to family dinners.  So for the next two weeks(at least) that I am supposed to be in court this is my goal.  Eat better and exercise 2 times a week.  It's by no means a perfect situation but for now this is where I need to start. 

Now on a separate topic, I have also set a new goal for myself in addition to my birthday and my sisters wedding.  My new goal is to be in health to pass the deputy sheriff exam in my area. I have always, since I was a little girl, wanted to be a cop and for some reason when I saw that job listing it hit me how much I want that still.  A friend of my recently took the physical to be a cop and so he filled me in on what I need to shoot for. Attached is a picture of my goal.  I can do this.  I have to do this.  I will do this.  I want to be someone who makes a difference and right now, even though I like my job, I'm not really making a difference. I didn't become a US citizen to be mediocre.  That's NOT acceptable.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment