Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Small Hurdle Passed

Today on my way home from the WW meeting I was again having a bit of a self pity party about having gained weight.  There are at least 10 junk food restaurants between WW and my house, keep in mind that's not even counting Papa Murphy's and Teriyaki places or the Baskin Robins, Starbucks and all of the Subways.  Now you may be thinking Subways?  Subways isn't a junk food place, and if you can control yourself around them, then you are right, they are definitely a healthy option; however; as I confessed recently, I am a Subway addict and I can't have just half a sandwich.  Tried buying half, can't even manage that!  

Anyway getting back to my point, sorry I tend to blabber on at times. Lol.  :)

Anyway, I was driving home, with these many delicious options within a 4.3 mile distance and I had all intentions of allowing my pity party to take over and getting that Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box.  But I thought of this blog and I thought of that job and I thought about that burger.  Would it taste good?  Yeah for the next few minutes while I devour it(I don't just eat those suckers, I DEVOUR!)  What it came down to though was that these few minutes were not worth the extra lbs that I had put on doing just that, throwing myself pity parties and buying the food to go along with it.  So I kept driving, I drove past that Taco Time, Jack in the Box, McDonald's, Wendy's and many, many more places all the way home.  

At home I took the left overs from last nights beef and veggies and I cut up the beef, cut up some extra mushrooms and made myself some scrambled eggs with beef, mushrooms and salsa.  It was fabulous!  Everything in it I would say it was about 12 points plus.  Let me tell you, so filling, it was well worth the points.  :)  Especially since I had them to spend.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment